This is the Sparcom Celestial Navigation Pac based on the celnav.lib by the original author. The package contains a dump of the original card for use in HP 48 emulators or on a memory card, the port of the software to the 49/50 as a library, and the scanned manual as a PDF. The dump is compatible with the 48SX/48GX; the library is compatible with the 49g+/50g. Redistributed with the permission of the family of Dr. Thomas Metcalf. Version 2.5.1 This software has been developed by Dr. Thomas Metcalf and all credit belongs to him. After his tragic death and all activity around Sparcom ended, the software was unmaintained. I contacted Thomas Metcalfs father and was allowed to distribute the software patched for the HP49/50. The HP49/50 library can only be installed to port 0, or IRAM, due to size limitations in the flash banks. README - This file nav-2.5.1-um.pdf - The manual to the Sparcom Celestial Navigation Pac nav-2.5.1.bin - A dump of the Sparcom card for the HP48 nav-2.5.1.hp49.lib - The software ported to the HP49/50 Eddie C. Dost ======================================================================== Hello Eddie, I am somewhat familiar with the software you're referring to. I feel that I can say with complete confidence that Tom would have wanted his code to be maintained on sourceforge if he were no longer able to do so. I do not have a copy of the original source, but will look on the machine left at his house in Boulder, Colorado when I'm there in late August. Some of the less obvious calculations are described in some articles in the Journal of Navigation - several by Tom and a couple jointly with myself. Please feel free to distribute the patched software as you see fit, simply acknowledging the origins of the code. Fred Metcalf (Tom's father) Professor of Mathematics, Emeritus