Supersonic Ball HP Version 1.01 for the HP Prime 2013-2022 Dream of Omnimaga https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com/ https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF ============ INTRODUCTION ============ Thanks for downloading Supersonic Ball, a game written in Axe language for the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus series. This project was started in July 2010, back in the early days of Axe Parser for the TI-83 Plus series of calculators, but went into hiatus until September 2013 before being released. In 2013 I started working on the title screen for the HP Prime remake but it went into partial, indefinite hiatus where the only further updates were speed optimizations on the title screen. In 2022 I revived the project and released this beta remake. Supersonic Ball is a simple side-scrolling platformer/tunnel hybrid where you control a bouncing ball, guiding it to the end of each level. Challenge lies in getting through narrow areas or climbing stuff without bouncing back, and it gets progressively harder to do so as the game progresses. The game features physics, randomized levels, animated graphics, multiple themes to make the game look different, smooth scrolling and parallax backgrounds. Try to get as far as possible as fast as you can without running out of time to get the highest score! ============== INCLUDED FILES ============== -ssball.hpprgm: The game executable. -source.txt: The particularly messy source code. -ignore_me.txt: That thing that usually nobody reads when it's called readme.txt. ========== INSTALLING ========== -Send ssball.hpprgm to your HP Prime calculator using the HP Connectivity Kit. For speed reasons a G2 hardware revision is recommended. On the Virtual Calculator the speed will be slowed down to match something approaching G2 execution speed. -Run ssball from the program menu. =========== HOW TO PLAY =========== On the title screen: -Enter: Start the game -Esc: Exit the game -< & >: Switch to one of the 8 tilesets (two 32x32 tilesets, three 16x16 and three 8x8 are available) -1: Disable TI-83+ style motion blur effect (default mode) -2: Enable motion blur effect -Toolbox (mem): Enable screenshot mode (only works on emulator). This will make the game around ten times slower. During the game: -Esc: Trigger instant game over to exit back to title screen. -Enter: Jump -< & >: Move the ball around Game over screen: -Enter: Go back to title screen ============== SPECIAL THANKS ============== -Quigibo for making the Axe programming language and Runer112 for continuing its legacy. Without it the original version of this game might have never been made. -Builderboy for helping me with the physics code way back in 2010. -The calculator community for support. =========== DISCLAIMERS =========== -If you are planning to use source code of my game in your programs, please at least give me credits. -If you post this program without my permission on your website, please include my DJ Omnimaga nickname. -I will not be held responsible for any data loss, damage or problems caused to your calculator resulting from the use of this software. Use it at your own risk! -Contrary to popular belief, no walrus, lobster and blub-fish were harmed during the making of this game. No other animals were, either. =============== VERSION HISTORY =============== 1.01 (2023-10-23) -Fixed highscore resetting itself to zero everytime the game code is opened by accident 1.00 (2022-03-10) -Initial release of HP Prime version