---------------------------------- | POKEMON 89/92+ PUBLIC BETA | | BY SCOTT NOVECK | | UNIQUE POKEMON CREATED BY RUSS14 | ---------------------------------- INTRODUCTION ------------ Pokemon 89/92+ is the culmination of about 30 hours of work. This is ONLY a beta; it is not complete and bugs may still exist. In addition, the 92+ version only uses the top-left portion of the screen and changes the keys. You can only explore one town, and there are only 3 pokemon. Your goal is to capture pokemon, train them, and defeat each of the three trainers in the local gym. CONTROLS -------- 89 | 92 | FUNCTION --------+---------+---------------- 2nd | F1 | Open Menu/Select Diamond | F2 | Cancel Menu Escape | Escape | Exit MENU OPTIONS ------------ POKEMON - Lists the pokemon you control. Select one pokemon and then select another to switch their position. The highest pokemon on the list will be the first to enter a fight. ITEMS - Lists all the Items you own. Some may be used anytime, others in battles. You may NOT use a pokeball in trainer battles. MONEY - Displays how much money you have. More may be won by defeating the trainers in the gym. SAVE - Use this to save your game. If you exit without saving then the game will revert to the last saved game. EXIT - Exits (same as the Escape key). ITEMS ----- POKEBALL - $100. Used to capture wild pokemon. You may need to weaken them first. This may not be used in trainer battles. POTION - $50. Restores 20 points of health to your pokemon. EXPERNCE - $50. Gives your pokemon extra experience to help gain levels. ABOUT POKEMON ------------- You are Ash and attempting to become the world's greatest pokemon trainer. Pokemon are small creatures which may be raised, trained, and fight duels against other pokemon. Every time a pokemon wins a battle, it gains experience. Once it gains enough experience, it gains a level and becomes stronger. You start out with only a single Bloboid, and may capture wild pokemon (found in grassy areas) by using a pokeball (which can be purchased in the pokemart), although you may need to weaken the opposing pokemon before it can be captured. TRAINER BATTLES --------------- Once your pokemon have gained levels, you may challenge other trainers in the gym. Trainers are generally tougher than wild pokemon, they may carry several pokemon, and you cannot use some items (like pokeballs) against them. If you are victorious you'll win money (from $100 to $500) depending on the trainer's skill - but if you lose, you'll lose half your money. The left trainer is easiest, the right one is harder and the top one is hardest. HELP NEEDED ----------- I plan to finish pokemon at a later time, adding more cities, pokemon, items, and other features. I myslef am not a good artist, and I need other players to design pokemon pictures - the more I recieve, the soon I can finish the game. I only want original pokemon, not ones from the gameboy game. To help, create a 56 x 56 pixel, two color (black and white ONLY) image of your pokemon and save it as a .bmp file. I'd prefer that you draw three pictures of the pokemon, so it can have three stages of evolution (a pokemon will evolve into a stronger one as it gains levels). A descrip- tion of the pokemon, a name, and attack name suggestions are also helpful. E-Mail any creations to smn@calc.org. I will not be able to respond to all messages, so please only send them ONCE. Thanks! CONTACTING THE AUTHOR --------------------- I can be reached by email at smn@calc.org or noveck@njcc.com. Please also visit the CCiA website at http://ccia.calc.org - CCiA is a programming group currently working on games including Pokemon 89/92+, Zelda 89, and Bomberboy. The newest version of this file, as well as any other important information, can be found there. Please DO NOT ask when the next version will be released, as this will only slow down production (and is the reason I took two months off when this beta coild have been out LONG ago). Enjoy!