// Copyright 2001,2002,2006 Matt Baker // // This file is part of bd. // // bd is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify // it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by // the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or // (at your option) any later version. // // bd is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, // but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of // MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the // GNU General Public License for more details. // // You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License // along with bd; if not, write to the Free Software // Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA Block Dude 89 ------------- What is Block Dude? ------------------- This game was originally written by Brandon Sterner for the TI-83/83+. I rewrote it for the 89, 92 and V200. Playing the Game ---------------- This is a no-stub game so all you have to do to start it is bd() you do not have to have a shell loaded. Use the keyboard controls described below to maneuver the person around. Move Blocks to help climb over things. The goal in each level is to reach the door. There are eleven levels. Controls -------- Main Menu Cursor Left - Move Left Cursor Right - Move Right Enter - Select ESC - Exit Game Play Cursor Left - Go Left Cursor Right - Go Right Cursor Down - Pickup/Put Down Block Cursor Up - Climb Up Clear - Restart Current Level Mode - Toggle between Look mode and Play mode ESC - Main Menu Other ----- Thank you to Tara Baker for drawing the side picture on the 92+ version. If anyone finds bugs please send me a detailed description of how the problem occurred. Feel free to send me suggestions or comments. Version History --------------- - 10-01-2006 ver 1.4 - Released source. - 02-18-2006 ver 1.4 - I recompiled this project with the newest version of tigcc (TIGCC v0.96 Beta 6). I am hopeful this will fix any TI-89 Titanium problems. - 07-15-2002 ver 1.3 - changed how timing works. - added intro light bar menu - added password capability as suggested by crimson hellfire I did not however use the same passwords as the other calcs. ;) - made the big sprites for the 92+ ! - all these changes bloated the code. For the next version I will make it smaller. - Created V200 version - 12-18-2001 ver 1.2 - changed how timing works in intro screen - 12-17-2001 ver 1.1 - Now displays level number when you switch levels using +,-, clear - added look mode as suggested by Charles Moye. - 12-16-2001 ver 1.0 Initial Release Matt Baker mattlbaker@gmail.com